Milwaukee Public Library Open Extra Hours During Current Heat Wave
Central and all branches to extend hours; Tippecanoe branch closed due to
lack of AC
Due to the extreme heat forecasted for the greater Milwaukee area this
week, and under the direction of Mayor Tom Barrett, all Milwaukee
Public Library (MPL) locations will extend their hours of operation
from Tuesday, July 19 through Friday, July 22.
MPL is already designated as a city “Cool Spot,” where people trying
to cope with the excessive heat can visit to cool off and relax.
The only exception is Tippecanoe branch library, 3912 S. Howell Ave.,
which is closed until further notice because of a broken
Extended hours for all 13 MPL locations are as follows:
Central Library downtown: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily, July 19-22
All MPL neighborhood branches: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily, July 19-22
Library, 1960 W. Atkinson Ave.
2. Bay View Library, 2566 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.
3. Capitol Library, 3969 N. 74th St.
4. Center Street Library, 2727 W. Fond du Lac Ave.
5. East Library, 1910 E. North Ave.
6. Forest Home Library, 1432 W. Forest Home Ave.
7. Martin Luther King Library, 310 W. Locust St.
8. Mill Road Library, 6431 N. 76th St.
9. Villard Avenue Library, 3310 W. Villard Ave.
10. Washington Park Library, 2121 N. Sherman Blvd.
11. Zablockli Library, 3501 W. Oklahoma Ave.
Tippecanoe Library closed until further notice due to an HVAC malfunction.
For more information on all MPL locations and hours of operation, go to