MILWAUKEE, Wis – January 25, 2016 – Messmer Catholic Schools today announced changes to its board of directors, including the addition of three newcomers: Lisa M. Pendergast, vice president –treasurer at MGIC; the Rev. Warren Sazama, SJ, president at Marquette University High School; and Kathy-Ann Edwards, partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP.
In addition to its new board members, Messmer announced that John S. Scheid has been elected chair of the board of directors and William Otto has been elected to vice chair. Scheid serves on several public and private company boards of directors and brings to Messmer a wealth of business experience including 36 years in senior leadership positions at PricewaterhouseCoopers. While there, he led the Global and U.S. Insurance practices through their most significant period of growth and the merger of Price Waterhouse with Coopers & Lybrand resulting in the largest professional service firm serving the industry. Otto, a ’74 graduate of Messmer High School, is a longtime business executive in the hospitality industry, having served 18 years as president of Marcus Hotels & Resorts and currently as executive vice president at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions.
The 2016 Messmer Catholic Schools Directors of the Board include:
- John S. Scheid, board chair. Scheid owns Scheid Investment Group LLC, providing board service and investment advice. (Photo in attached document)
- William J. Otto, (MHS ’74), vice chair. Otto is executive vice president, Kalahari Resorts & Conventions.
- Kathy-Ann Edwards, treasurer. Edwards is a partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Patrick J. Byrne, secretary. Byrne is vice president and CFO of the Erica P. John Fund.
- Lisa M. Pendergast, vice president-treasurer at MGIC.
- Rev. Warren Sazama, president of Marquette University High School.
- Dr. William Hughes, director of School & Instructional Leadership Program at Alverno College and chief academic officer, Seton Catholic Schools
- Mikel Holt, associate publisher, Milwaukee Community Journal
- Robert Monday, retired marketing executive
Messmer has elected the following Directors to the Emeritus Board.
- Peter J. Salza (MHS ’60), attorney at law; former board chair (2012-2015); Elected to board of directors in 1983.
- Alfred H. Mattacotti (MHS ’58), president, Milwaukee Plating Company, Elected to board in 2003.
- Salza and Mattacotti join William Goldammer and Jeffrey Monday as Emeritus Directors (previously appointed in 2014).
About Messmer Catholic Schools
Messmer Catholic Schools serve more than 1,600 students in grades K4-12 at three campuses: Messmer High School, Messmer Preparatory Catholic School and St. Rose and St. Leo Catholic School. The school system is dedicated to serving a diverse, urban population and providing its students with an education that represents the schools’ Catholic heritage, while preparing its graduates to achieve success post secondary education and in the workforce. More information can be found at: www.messmerschools.org