Photo is from the recent national convention of the Black Public Relations Society that was held in Milwaukee.
The Black Public Relations Society Milwaukee Chapter (BPRS) has elected a new board for the 2012-2014 term.
The new board members bring a variety of expertise from corporate, nonprofit, small business and freelance experience including backgrounds in the health care, finance, retail, government, creative and media industries.
The new board members are:
- Faithe Colas, President; Director of Community Relations, The Salvation Army
- Tammy Belton-Davis, Vice President of Programming; Principal, Athena Communications, LLC
- Eric Von, Vice President of Membership; Host, The Morning Magazine 1290 WMCS-AM
- Kenya Evans, Director of Publicity; Freelance Journalist and Copywriter
- Nyerere Davidson, Treasurer; Social Media Manager, City Year Inc.
- Clarene Mitchell, Secretary; Freelance Journalist and Public Relations Consultant
- Schinka Fitch, Parliamentarian; Corporate Communications Specialist, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
- Jill Gilmer, Board Member at Large; Associate Faculty of Marketing, University of Phoenix
- Kristen Harris, Board Member at Large; Learning Analyst, Kohl’s Corporate Headquarters
- Kevin White, Student Ambassador; Public Relations Consultant, KW Promotions
Mark your calendar for October 20, when BPRS will host its signature event, How to Get Your Story Told, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Washington Park Library, 2121 N. Sherman Blvd. This event is open to the public and will benefit nonprofits, churches, schools and small businesses by teaching them to properly and effectively sell their events and stories to the media and communities they serve.
BPRS of Milwaukee is an organization of African Americans who work in the field of public relations. Our mission is to provide members with peer-to-peer support, networking, job opportunities, programs and partnerships that aid their professional development.
March 30, 2015 //
Brendan Conway, MCTS MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) will begin handi...
March 27, 2015 //
Bill Arnold Public Information Manager/City of Milwaukee Volunteers are needed f...