Tony Tagliavia: Media Manager –MPS Milwaukee
MILWAUKEE – The November and December 2015 meetings of the Milwaukee Board of School Directors and its committees will move to Milwaukee Public Schools’ Neeskara School, a short distance from the MPS Central Services building where the meetings are typically held.
Neeskara is located at 1601 N. Hawley Road, Milwaukee 53208.
The move is occurring because the Central Services auditorium and the adjacent room 103 will be undergoing significant, necessary and long overdue renovations. The updates, which are designed to improve access and functionality of the space, will replace outdated, and increasingly incompatible, technologies that span 60 years – from the 1950s through the end of the 20th century – with modern, more efficient equipment.
As of November 2, 2015, affected meetings include:
- Board Retreat – November 11, 2015, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Committee on Parent and Community Engagement (PACE) – November 12, 2015, 5:30 p.m.; December 10, 2015, 5:30 p.m.
- Committee on Student Achievement and School Innovation (SASI) – November 12, 2015, 6:30 p.m.; December 10, 2015, 6:30 p.m.
- Committee on Accountability, Finance, and Personnel (AFP) – November 17, 2015, 6:30 p.m.; December 15, 2015, 6:30 p.m.
- Regular Monthly Board Meeting – November 19, 2015, 6:30 p.m.; December 17, 2015, 6:30 p.m.
Dates and times of meetings are subject to change.
As usual, the public will continue to have the opportunity at the committee meetings to comment on issues being considered by the Board of School Directors. Interpreters will be provided upon request. For up-to-date information regarding these meetings, including how to access them over-the-air, please visit http://mps.milwaukee.k12.wi.us/en/District/About-MPS/School-Board/Meetings-Agendas–Minutes/Meeting-Notices.htm.
Meetings of the Board and its committees are scheduled to return to MPS Central Services in January 2016.