Looking for ways to get high quality sleep? Try the calming aroma of lavender and/or chamomile. Some research has shown that these scents (or a combination thereof) may help reduce stress, put your body in a restful state and promote high quality sleep.
Seven to eight hours of high quality sleep play a critical role in optimal health. Some of the benefits of high quality sleep include:
- Weight loss
- Assist with appetite control
- Energy improvement
- Stress relief
- Improves immunity
- Promotes production of lean calorie-burning muscle mass
- Optimal performance during exercise
- Maximum results for race/competitive sporting event
Here are a few ways to use lavender and/or chamomile as you prepare for sleep:
- Add lavender or chamomile bath float to warm bath water.
- Apply a light layer of lavender or chamomile body butter or lotion on entire body.
- Use lavender or chamomile pillow mist on pillow/bed area.