Milwaukee Community Journal for publication.
3612 N. Martin Luther King Dr.
Milwaukee, WI 53212
Email: [email protected]
Annual Spring Revival
St. Mark AME Church, located at 1616 W. Atkinson Ave., will hold their annual Spring Revival Thursday, April 7 and Friday, April 8 at 7 p.m. nightly. The theme: “Going Deeper” will be taken from Luke 5:1-11.
Dr. Walter L. Bates, pastor of Balm in Gilead for All People Church International in Milwaukee, will serve as guest revivalist on Thursday, April 7. While the Rev. Dr. Ossie Smith, Jr., pastor of Covenant Untied Church of Christ in South Holland, IL, will minister on Friday, April 8.
The Rev. Darryl R. Williams is pastor of St. Mark AME Church.
Milwaukee A.M.E. Alliance Holy Week Services
Palm Sunday service
Sunday, April 17, 2011 at 4:00 p.m. at Allen Chapel A.M.E. Church, 4260 N. Teutonia Avenue; the Rev. Billy Scott, Sr., Preacher
Maundy Thursday and Holy Communion service
Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 7:00 p.m. at Bethel A.M.E. Church, 4103 N. 35th Street; the Rev. George Reynolds, Preacher
Good Friday service
Friday, April 22, 2011 from 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m. at St. Mark A.M.E. Church, 1616 W. Atkinson Avenue.
• 1st Word | Forgiveness at the Cross | Luke 23:32-38; the Rev. Sandra Banks, Preacher
• 2nd Word | Authority at the Cross | Luke 23:39-43; the Rev. Theonita Bedford, Preacher
• 3rd Word | Remembrance at the Cross | John 19:25-27; the Rev. Darryl Williams, Preacher
• 4th Word | Submission at the Cross | Mark 15:33-34; the Rev. Emmett Lee, Preacher
• 5th Word | Suffering at the Cross | John 19:28-29; the Rev. George Reynolds, Preacher
• 6th Word | Victory at the Cross | John 19:30; the Rev. Robert Thomas, Preacher
• 7th Word | Confidence at the Cross | Luke 23:44-49; the Rev. Billy Scott, Sr., Preacher
August 17, 2012 //
Question of the week: "Recently two former Negro Baseball League stars were honored by the Milwauk...
July 31, 2012 //
Dr. Camara P. Jones, research director on Social Determinants of Health and Equity, Divi...