Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation plc today announced several “Powering Communities Grants” totaling $52,500 to support local community organizations in the Milwaukee area.
The donations will be used to enhance various programs and organizations that positively affect the lives of citizens throughout the region.
Building on Eaton’s tradition of corporate citizenship, the company’s “Powering Communities Grants” help improve the quality of life in communities where Eaton employees live,work, and volunteer.
“Eaton employees are invested in the Milwaukee community and make a strong effort to give something back,” said Kristin Cooper, Eaton divisional HR manager.
“We are proud to be associated with organizations that foster education and improve the quality of life for many citizens in the area.”
Funding recipients include:
• Project Lead the Way Inc. – $5,000 for purchasing materials, lab equipment, and supplies used in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) curriculum in public schools.
• Habitat for Humanity – $7,500 to contribute to home construction projects.
• Special Olympics Wisconsin – $7,500 to sponsor various area competitions for people with cognitive disabilities. It also provides support for special initiatives such as the Athlete Leadership, Young Athletes and Healthy Athletes Programs.
• University of Wisconsin (Milwaukee) – $9,000 to provide scholarship support for the College of Engineering and Applied Science Engineering Scholarship Fund.
• YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee – $7,500 to support its Black Achievers program which equips high school teens of color to work toward educational and career goals.
• Junior Achievement of Wisconsin – $4,500 to supply programming materials for Junior Achievement Excellence through Ethics classes conducted in metro Milwaukee area high schools.
• Waukesha County Technical College – $1,500 for scholarships targeting high achieving students enrolled in the Electrical Engineering Technology Program.
Eaton’s new Menomonee Falls campus is the headquarters for the company’s Industrial Control Division, part of its Electrical Sector, as well as the company’s corporate Innovation Center.
The campus employs approximately 250 people who provide engineering, sales and marketing support to the division’s manufacturing locations, including research and development support for the company overall.
Eaton Corporation plc is a diversified power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power.
The company is a global technology leader in electrical products, systems and services for power quality, distribution and control, power transmission, lighting and wiring products; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton acquired Cooper Industries plc in 2012. The new company, Eaton Corporation plc, has approximately 100,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
March 4, 2014 //
MATC’S downtown campus Black History Month display, “Time, Presence, Civilization in B...
February 27, 2014 //
Tony Tagliavia, Media Manager -Milwaukee Public Schools Chariesse Ellis has committed herself to ...