1) Even though poetess, author, and your mentor-mother-sisterfriend Maya Angelou wrote “Phenomenal Woman” before she entered your life, when she recites it, we are so sure she is speaking to you. Oprah, you embody the very soul of the poem and to us you are and will forever be a “phenomenally, phenomenal woman.”
2) You are a living legend. Whenever you enter our homes via the TV, our spaces seem to almost vibrate with power and energy, because you are a force to be reckoned with. Your influence and teachings have spread far and wide, and you’ve used your wisdom to inspire, empower, and educate the masses. We pray that you continue along life’s journey, empowering yourself with newfound knowledge that you can then impart to us.
3) You continuously strive to help us want to shake up our lives in a way that is satisfying to the soul. You have taught us that we should make every effort to strive for markers of accomplishment and lead fully involved existences. We need for you to continue to infuse us with life lessons, so that we can morph into that person whom we know, we need to be.
4) Named one of the world’s most-generous philanthropists, we wish that for each and every noble goal and selfless endeavor you set, may all of your future efforts be equally successful and rewarding.
5) Spirituality seems to fuel and nourish your soul. Over the years, you have presented an a la carte blend of religious concepts and have preached that we should be accepting of the millions of ways to please God. You even professed to talk show host Piers Morgan that you consider yourself to be a spiritual leader and that you are the messenger to deliver the message of redemption, forgiveness, and gratitude, so people can be their best selves. We wish you unwavering peace and joy in your personal journey to fulfill the highest expression of yourself as a human being.
6) Your love of reading has spurred thousands upon thousands of people to pick up a book. You have spread the idea and invigorated the concept of reading a book as a shared community. You are passionate about the written word and we wish that your enthusiasm for encouraging us to read never ceases.
7) Finally, you who have been a true trailblazer, glass ceiling shatterer, media maven extraordinaire, and best friend to the masses, we truly wish that you continue to inspire “Ah-Ha” moments and help us to ‘live our best lives.’
May 26, 2015 //
By Mark Kennedy of AP via Huff Post Black Voices NEW YORK (AP) — Most theater professionals like ...
May 18, 2015 //
By Carter Higgins Posted 5/15/15 -Blackdoctor.org Riley B. King, aka B.B. King, ...