Public Information Manager/City of Milwaukee/Public Information
Hunger Task Force is working with community partners, local donors and federal nutrition programs to organize summer meal sites around Milwaukee. Alderman Joe Davis, Sr. is encouraging families to take advantage of the program. “Just because the school year ended, doesn’t mean hunger ended too,” Ald. Davis said. “It’s important to make sure our children are receiving the nutrition they need during the summer months.”
The times and locations in the 2nd Aldermanic District are as follows:
* Morse Marshall (4141 N. 64th St.) 8:00-8:30 a.m. and 12:30-1:00 p.m., through July 31.
* Grantosa (4850 N. 82nd St.) 7:30-8:00 a.m. and 12:00-12:30 p.m., through August 1.
* Lancaster (4931 N. 68th St.) 7:00-8:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., through August 15.
* Browning (5440 N. 64th St.) 8:00-8:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 3:30-4:00 p.m., through August 8.
* Lighthouse Youth Center (5641 N. 68th St.) 12:00-12:45 p.m. and 4:40-5:00 p.m. (snack), through August 15.
Hunger Task Force Summer Meals Program/ADD ONE
* MPS Bryant Field House (5726 N. 89th St.) 12:00-1:00 p.m., through August 15.
* Kluge School (5760 N. 67th St.) 11:00-11:20 a.m., through August 29.
* MPS Carmen Playfield (7320 W. Carmen Ave.) 12:00-1:00 p.m. and 4:00-5:00 p.m., through August 15.
* Madison (8135 W. Florist Ave.) 8:00-8:30 a.m. and 12:00-1:00 p.m., through August 1.
Hunger Task Force is encouraging anyone with questions about the program to please call 211.
February 20, 2015 //
PRESS RELEASE Conta...
February 12, 2015 //
Dustin Weis Public Relations Supervisor Milwaukee City Clerk & Common Council ALD...