Help might not reach you for days after the hurricane, so you’ll need to be completely self-sufficient during that period. Officials said residents in the state should have a hurricane kit, containing food and clothing for three to seven days.
It should include important papers, in a plastic bag to protect against rain and flooding.
Here are some of the most critical supplies to have on hand, well before a hurricane threatens:
- At least a 3-day and preferably a 7-day supply of water (one gallon per person per day)
- Non-perishable food
- Formula, diapers, and other baby supplies
- Manual can opener
- First aid kit
- Prescription and non-prescription medicines
- Cell phones and battery-powered cell phone chargers
- Battery-powered radios and flashlights
- Plenty of batteries
- Extra cash
- Blankets, sleeping bags, books, and games (especially if evacuating)
The kits should also include a supply of any prescription medications needed, personal hygiene items, cash or a checkbook and a first aid kit.
March 27, 2015 //
By Sharon Bernstein of Reuters via Huff Post Black Voices SACRAMENTO, Calif., March 26...
March 26, 2015 //
by John Woodcock Posted 3/34/15 -Old North Banter The North Carolina Tar Heels defea...