From Vanguard via allAfrica.com
Maiduguri — THE Borno State Government and Principal of Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, in Borno State, Mrs. Asabe Aliyu Kwarmbula have denied reports that most of the abducted girls have been rescued.
Mrs. Kwarmbula particularly denied reports credited to her that she told the Military Spokesman, Defence Headquarters, Major General Chris Olukolade that most of the girls abducted have been rescued, with only eight still missing.
It will be recalled that the military spokesman in Abuja told newsmen that about 80 of the abducted school girls have been rescued on Wednesday, with only eight of them missing or are still captives of the terrorists. But Mrs. Asabe Kwarmbula in an interview with journalists, yesterday, said: “The statement credited to the military spokesman was a blatant lie, I never spoke to the Defence Headquarters’ spokesman as widely reported by national and international media”.
Meanwhile, the Defence Headquarters, yesterday, retracted its statement that the girls had been rescued, saying that it depended on field reports which it had found out to be misleading. It, therefore, confirmed the statements of the school principal and Borno State Government that the girls were yet to be rescued.
Also, yesterday, parents of the missing female students cried out to the authorities to rescue their children.
For full article click here.
October 13, 2015 //
Maev Kennedy -The Guardian Exclusive: Nigerian writer, cited as inspiration by Labour...
October 12, 2015 //
Eric Olander & Cobus van Staden -Huff Post World Post The Chinese-built Soraz oil refiner...