Are you interested in cleansing, but turned off by fad retreats, spas, or expensive detox programs?
Detoxing has become more than just a form of alternative medicine in the past few years, but a doctor recommended concept that can really do wonders for your health. With the idea still being new to most people, what are easy and budget-friendly ways to do this?
There are many methods that can be simple, yet impressively effective. The healthy benefits include less anxiety, reduced stress, diminished inflammation and more personal energy. And the best part about it is that you can start cleansing your body of toxins today through diet, supplements and lifestyle practices.
Start implementing this changes to your daily routine today:
1. Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically-grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
2. Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock and milk thistle, and drinking green tea.
3. Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
4. Drink at least two quarts of water daily.
5. Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
6. Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions.
7. Practice hydrotherapy by taking a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. Follow with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then get into bed for 30 minutes.
8. Sweat in a sauna so your body can eliminate wastes through perspiration.
9. Dry-brush your skin or try detox foot spas/foot baths to remove toxins through your pores. Special brushes are available at natural products stores.
10. What is the most important way to detoxify? Exercise. Yoga or jump-roping are good options. One hour every day. Also try Qigong, a martial-arts based exercise system that includes exercises specifically for detoxifying or cleansing, as well as many other exercises with specific health benefits.
March 2, 2015 //
By Frederick H. Lowe -BlackMansStreetToday A study partly funded by the Nationa...
February 26, 2015 //
By James R. Gavin III, MD, PhD -Blackdoctor.org There are many reasons why each ...