FORT WASHINGTON, Md./Christian Newswire/ — With online research data from over 100,000 fans on their Facebook Fan Page, Pastor David Wright, CEO of DoersTV.com, was shocked to find out that the vast majority of Christians hate Christian TV and do not watch it. “I was completely flabbergasted from the responses, and lack of responses, from our over 100,000 fans regarding Christian TV. I kind of expected there would be those Christians who thought Christian TV was too boring or not relevant for the times, but I never would have imagined the disdain thousands of Christians have for Christian TV,” Pastor David said recently. Based on the fan’s comments from the Fan Page posts over the last two years, over 90% of the people had a negative comment about Christian TV for the following reasons:
- Too much begging for money and fundraising telethons
- False prosperity teachers manipulating people for offerings
- Boring and lack of quality programming
- Lack of integrity of Christian Leaders they broadcast
- “Unfortunately, the greed for money has replaced the need for ministry among many of our ministers and Christian TV Networks. People are feed up with the lust for material things,” said Pastor David. Pastor David agrees that the lack of integrity among pastors and leaders of today has played a major role in the negative perception of Christian TV. “We can’t have pastors indulging in sin and expect people not to be turned off.” Pastor David believes the answers to reversing Christian’s negative view of Christian TV can be found in their research. “We have decided not to air telethons or solicit donations from our viewers, we refuse to air ministers that we consider teachers of the false prosperity doctrine, and we are broadcasting Christian Reality TV programming that is not boring.”
November 18, 2015 //
by Courtney Connley Posted: March 27, 2015 -Blackenterprise.com The idea of mixing the black...
November 18, 2015 //
by Janell Hazelwood Posted: March 27, 2015 -Blackenterprise.com Delta Air Lines honored top ...