Prospective students interested in Milwaukee Area Technical College’s pre-college education programs and services are invited to a free open house from 9 a.m. to noon or 4 to 7 p.m., Monday, Jan. 14, on the sixth floor of the Main Building at MATC’s Downtown Milwaukee Campus, 1015 N. 6th St. MATC’s pre-college programs provide a wide range of services to prepare students for college-level work.
Attendees will meet with program faculty; receive detailed information about specific programs; and learn about student services, including counseling, career advising, tutoring and more. They may apply for the spring semester which begins Jan. 22.
The School of Pre-College Education includes programming in:
• GED/HSED to help students earn high school requirements
• Adult High School, designed to earn a high school diploma or recover high school credits
• English as a Second Language or bilingual classes for non-English speakers
• RISE Career Bridge Pathway, which combines basic and occupational skills
• Adult Basic Education/College Prep to help students work toward a high school diploma/GED or prepare for college-level work
• Community-Based Organizations, a network of neighborhood basic-education sites
• High School Contracts, which offer technical skills training at MATC for students attending high school
• Youth Options, which allows student to earn college credits while in high school
• Emerging Scholars Program to help at-risk youth to complete high school
Wisconsin’s largest technical college and the most diverse two-year institution in the Midwest, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy and has provided innovative education in the region since 1912. Approximately 50,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses and community-based sites or learn online. MATC offers affordable and accessible education and training opportunities that empower and transform lives in the community.
June 29, 2015 //
Tony Tagliavia, Media Manager -Milwaukee Public Schools MILW...
June 12, 2015 //
Media Contacts: Heidi Sterricker & Jackie Hribar Guerilla marketing launches June 11 to c...