Savor the Sips and Sweets of America’s Dairyland at Confections for Any Occasion’s ‘Dairy Taste of Summer’May 4, 2012 // 0 Comments
Free Tasting of Wisconsin Dairy, Fare and Flavor for the Family in Celebration of June Dairy Month
Theresa, Wis. — When you hear “cheeseheads” or “America’s Dairyland” — these familiar words make Wisconsin famous and illustrate how our state’s dairy products enrich the lives of every consumer. During June Dairy Month, join Confections for Any Occasion in Downtown Theresa to salute the 1.25 million dairy cows speckling our rural landscape. These cows bring us bountiful dairy goodness from milk, cheese, butter to ice cream and more.
Let your taste buds indulge in the wholesomeness of dairy with a free tasting of local foods celebrating all things Wisconsin with a “Taste of Summer” at Confections for Any Occasion in Theresa, Wis. From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, June 9 this specialty chocolate shop welcomes the entire family to sample local, award-winning favorites made with Wisconsin dairy from gourmet chocolates to artisan cheeses and butters.
Wisconsinites of all ages can indulge in homegrown dairy favorites from the finest delectable chocolates and cheeses produced locally.
“Enjoy the ultimate dairy tasting experience featuring more than 20 local foods to sample,” says Joel Bernhard, owner and candy maker of Confections for Any Occasion. “It’s a family event celebrating the tastes of summer that has something for everyone including premium ice cream, award-winning cheeses, specialty chocolates, artisan butters and many other food samples and products from across Wisconsin.”
While tasting local foods also experience firsthand the art of chocolate making, learn new recipes and shop for great gifts and Wisconsin foods to entertain family, friends and the kids this summer.
The free tasting and sampling of Wisconsin dairy will feature more than 20 favorites, including:
• Collection of luscious chocolates made fresh from the kitchen of Confections for Any Occasion featuring
mouthwatering truffles to chewy caramels, chocolate covered cranberries and butter almond toffee for an
irresistible taste, made with fresh cream and other Wisconsin ingredients.
• Sample award-winning Wisconsin Cheeses, including Widmer’s Cheese, Sartori Cheese and Juustoleipa Cheese (Pronounced HOO-stah-lee-pah), a buttery flavored “bread cheese” — a few of the 600 varieties, types and styles of Wisconsin Cheese.
• Nordic Creamery artisan hand-crafted flavored butters including Cinnamon-Sugar, Maple Syrup and Garlic and Basil, along with signature Grumpy Goat Cheese — all made in the Coulee region of Western Wisconsin.
• Enjoy Sassy Cow Creamery Premium Ice Cream — made fresh using high-quality milk from the cows at the
Baerwolf family farm and within hours of milking made into ice cream at their Farmstead Creamery.
• Delectable Wisconsin Wines from Door County, Three Lakes Winery, Wollersheim Winery and craft beers from Sprecher Brewing and Capital Brewery.
• Confections for Any Occasion Berry Bogs™ — unique blend of Wisconsin cherries, cranberries,
almonds, and luscious caramel, covered in velvety chocolate.
• Cowhide salt water taffy to chew your cud on — Black and white, brown and white and black and brown taffy flavors of chocolate, black licorice and vanilla.
• Handmade milk soaps from The Naked Cow — One of the skin loving ingredients used in this amazing soap is milk!
Plus, enjoy for $1.00 an All-Wisconsin Old Fashion Root Beer Float made with Sprecher Root Beer and Cedar Crest Ice Cream.
The dairy tasting will be a fun day of food, learning and testing one’s knowledge of “America’s Dairyland” with trivia. In addition, all ages are welcome to participate in the milk drinking contest at Noon and 2 p.m. with winners taking home bragging rights.
Sipping and indulging in sweets is a great way to experience our state’s $26.5 billion dairy industry while learning new ways to flavor up summer with family and friends. For more information on the “Dairy Taste of Summer” at Confections for Any Occasion call 920.488.9269 or e-mail email@example.com.
Visit the Confections For Any Occasion website at www.confectionsbyjoel.com to find unique, one-of-a-kind hand-made gourmet chocolates, truffles, butter almond toffee, caramels and other confections, sure to be the perfect gift for a special someone, event or holiday celebration.
May 2, 2014 //
May 2, 2014 //
On January 12, 2010 a 7.0 magnitude earthquake killed approximately 230,000 people in Haiti and left...