The return of Old Man Winter means taking step to try and stay warm.
But those efforts can sometimes bring dangers to your household.
The Weatherization Program of the Social Development Commission warns that the deadly gas Carbon Monoxide can be created by gas and kerosene space heaters, leaking chimneys and furnaces, wood stoves and furnaces, and gas water heaters or stoves.
You can protect your family from this odorless and colorless gas by purchasing a Carbon Monoxide Detector and making sure you replace its batteries every year.
More on this and other safety tips for your home can be found on the SDC Weatherization Program’s FaceBook site under the Discussions tab.
August 17, 2012 //
Question of the week: "Recently two former Negro Baseball League stars were honored by the Milwauk...
July 31, 2012 //
Dr. Camara P. Jones, research director on Social Determinants of Health and Equity, Divi...