The Milwaukee County Zoo invites all seniors 55 and older to join us on Friday, August 31 for Senior Celebration, sponsored by Wheaton Franciscan Senior Health. Seniors receive free admission during Senior Celebration from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (age identification needs to be presented upon entry). In addition to seeing the animals, guests can enjoy live music, play games such as bingo and pickleball and learn health and wellness tips, all presented with the needs of seniors in mind.
Highlights of the day include:
- Wheaton Franciscan Senior Health: This group is proud to highlight their services to seniors! Stop at their informational booth to learn more about their variety of offerings for seniors. Register for door prizes!
- Health and Wellness Exhibitors: In the U.S. Bank Gathering Place, visit these special outreach booths chosen especially for seniors. More than 30 exhibitors will be featured from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Bingo: Try your luck at this classic game at 11 a.m., 12:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Limited seating for all sessions. No tickets needed; first come, first served.
- Classic Crooning: Take a break and enjoy the sentimental sounds from yesteryear courtesy of bands like “Jimmy Madritsch” and “The Revomatics,” among others.
- Pickleball Demos: Pickleball is the fastest growing senior sport, and Le Club Sports Club will hold demonstrations on the hour, and feature open play in between the hour.
- Fun Walk: Join Wisconsin Senior Olympics for a 1-mile walk through the Zoo, which doubles as a fun way to socialize and see the animals.
- Tasty Treats: Enjoy complimentary coffee and cookies, and ice cream sponsored by San Camillo (limited quantities). A limited supply of box lunches are also available for purchase, and include a sandwich, pasta salad, fruit, chips and a soft drink.
- Endless Activities: The Zoo’s rides and attractions are open for our senior guests to enjoy. Hop aboard the Safari Train sponsored by North Shore Bank, or take in a Seal Lion/Seal show sponsored by Supercuts, just to mention a few!
For more information on the event, contact the Zoo’s Public Affairs and Services Division at 414.256.5466.
July 19, 2014 //
Milwaukee—(July 18, 2014)—The first Milwaukee Summer Soul Festival will take place Aug...
July 16, 2014 //
Bill Arnold Public Information Manager/City of Milwaukee/Public Information ...