by Brenda and Jeffery Hardy Sr.
Summer is in the air, which means it’s time for those summer pests. Ants, bees, flies, wasp, mosquitoes and fruit flies are common pests people are plagued with during the summer season.
In the next few articles we will feature a summer pest that everyone, at one time or another, will encounter. First up: the ant.
Just as we are ready to enjoy the outdoors and warm weather, ants are starting to invade our yards and homes, mainly our kitchens, which can threaten more than just our plans for summer cookouts.
It is important to take as many preventive measures to protect your home. Ants aren’t just a nuisance to people and our summer picnics and festivities. They can actually cause great harm, like contaminating food, damaging property and even biting if they feel threatened.
Ants enter homes primarily in search of food, typically for sweets or substances containing protein; eliminating these sources will keep them at bay.
Although ants have replaced the cockroaches as one the most difficult structural pests to control, preventive measures play a big role in avoiding infestations.
Pest 2 Rest offers the following tips to prevent and handle infestations:
• Wipe up crumbs and spills immediately
• Store garbage in sealed containers and remove from the home frequently
• Keep food packages closed or sealed and store products with tightly lidded containers.
• Repair holes or gaps window and door screens
• Seal cracks and holes in the outside of the home including entry points for utilities and pipes.
• Keep tree branches and shrubbery well trimmed and away from the house.
• Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around basement foundation and windows.
If you suspect an ant or any pest infestation in your home, contact a licensed pest professional to inspect, identify and treat the problem.
Pest 2 Rest would like to share information about Pest, and Pest control. If your church or community organization would like for us to speak and provide you with Professional Pest control awareness please contact us at email@example.com or call (414) 627-7378.
November 18, 2015 //
by Courtney Connley Posted: March 27, 2015 -Blackenterprise.com The idea of mixing the black...
November 18, 2015 //
by Janell Hazelwood Posted: March 27, 2015 -Blackenterprise.com Delta Air Lines honored top ...