SUMMERFEST LAUNCHES NEW AND IMPROVED 2014 MOBILE APP AND GIVES AWAY 10,000 WEEKDAY ADMISSION E-TICKETS WITH FIRST DOWNLOADSMay 23, 2014 // 0 Comments
Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. officials are excited to launch the brand new Official Summerfest 2014 App presented by Pizza Hut that literally puts “The World’s Largest Music Festival” right in the palm of festival fans’ hands. To kick off the launch, the first 10,000 people to download the Official Summerfest 2014 App will receive one FREE Weekday Admission E-ticket to Summerfest 2014, delivered via the App. The Summerfest 2014 App is available on IOS and Android platforms for mobile phones and tablets. The App is FREE and available to download today in the App Store or Play Store.
“The new Official Summerfest 2014 App is a cool and convenient way for festival fans to find out all they need to know about this year’s Big Gig,” said John Boler, Chief Marketing Officer of Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. “We encourage everyone to download the FREE app to ensure they have the most up-to-date Summerfest information. And as an added surprise, we’re building in a special thank you to fans by giving away over $100,000 in FREE Weekday Admission E-tickets with the first 10,000 downloads.”
The Official Summerfest 2014 App presented by Pizza Hut has been fully redesigned with new features and architecture to improve the user experience and content offerings. Among the new features for 2014 are notifications that alert fans 15 minutes prior to a given band’s performance when they build them into their personalized schedule. The App is designed to provide festival fans with all of the information they need to enjoy their visit to the Big Gig®.
The features help users maximize their Summerfest experience in a variety of ways, including:
- Reviewing and filtering the entire 2014 Summerfest lineup by day and stage
- Searching for their favorite bands
- Building their own personalized performer schedule
- Purchasing tickets to Marcus Amphitheater shows during Summerfest
- Listening to “Summerfest Radio” powered by Radio League, an online streaming radio station which plays the music of Summerfest’s 2014 headliners
- Staying connected to Summerfest’s social media channels for up-to-date information and to find out how to win tickets and other great prizes
- Navigating the festival with the Grounds Map
- Learning the best options for Parking and Transportation
- Finding out how to get in FREE or at a reduced cost with Admission Promotions
- Having fun with the virtual Summerfest Photo Booth, which lets users take photos and share them with custom Summerfest photo frames and digital stickers
- Getting information on Food and Beverages, Attractions, Exhibits and Accessibility at Summerfest
- Delivering a FREE Weekday Admission E-Ticket to the first 10,000 downloads
The Summerfest 2014 mobile app was concepted and directed by Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. and developed by CrowdTorch, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cvent, which develops, markets, sells and supports Cvent’s consumer event management solutions. The Austin, TX based company’s clients include the National Cheery Blossom Festival, New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, Southern Ground Music Festival, LA Times Festival of Books, Discover Orange Bowl and many more.
Summerfest 2014 will take place June 25 – 29 and July 1 – 6 from Noon until Midnight and will be closed Monday, June 30. Following its 1968 debut, Summerfest has evolved into what is now recognized as “The World’s Largest Music Festival” and Milwaukee’s cornerstone summer celebration, bringing the music industry’s hottest stars, emerging talent and local favorites along with approximately 900,000 people from Milwaukee and around the world together each year for an unforgettable live music experience. During the festival, the spotlight shines on over 800 acts, over 1,000 performances, 11 stages, delectable food and beverages and interactive activities, all in a world-class festival setting. Patrons can also enjoy Miller Lite, the Official Beer of Summerfest. For more details, visit Summerfest.com, Facebook.com/summerfest, Twitter: @Summerfest or download the Summerfest 2014 App.
July 31, 2015 //
1 Bus from Milwaukee and 12 others from Chicago went down to the Cincinnati Jazz Fesitval the e...
July 20, 2015 //
Vui Hawkins Dance is ephemeral, each performance unique. Some dances are fairly set, at least...