By Naomi Mackenzie (Original Post 12/30/13)
Bath detoxification is an ancient remedy. It is a wonderful way to relax, cleanse your body of waste, beautify your skin, relieve pain, and overall just feel better.
There are several different types of bath detoxes – each has its own benefits. Try out one (or more) of these relaxing bath ideas:
Important Considerations Before Bath Detoxing:
If you begin to feel like you’re coming down with a mild cold or the flu after the detox, don’t panic. This just means that the detox is working, and that your body is flushing out toxins. You should begin to feel normal again pretty quickly.
Sea Salt Detox Bath
A salt bath is probably one of the most popular types of baths out there. It not only relaxes you, but the salt pulls toxins out of the body, as well as providing health benefits to your skin. This recipe uses all natural sea salt, making it even healthier. Just some of the raved-about benefits of this bath include more energy, a refreshed feeling, and achy muscles and joint relief.
How It Works:
Epsom salts make you sweat, help reduce inflammation and help relieve muscle aches.
Sea salt is another common bath salt. It helps leach out toxins and soothes open sores and blemishes.
Baking soda is highly alkaline, and helps balance an overly-acidic system, as well as helping to eliminate chlorine in the water and softening the skin.
Ground ginger increases circulation, opens pores and helps detoxify your body by making you sweat.
Apple cider vinegar helps restore the acid-alkaline balance in your body, which is helpful for acne relief and skin softening.
Sea Salt Bath Recipe
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, then sprinkle into bath water.
NOTE: Baking soda and vinegar do not react well with each other and therefore shouldn’t be used together in this bath mixture. On two separate occasions, I’d suggest trying each ingredient because they both offer great body benefits.
For more bath ideas, visit KissTheChaos.com.
Are you interested in cleansing, but turned off by fad retreats, spas, or expensive detox programs?
Detoxing has become more than just a form of alternative medicine in the past few years, but a doctor recommended concept that can really do wonders for your health. With the idea still being new to most people, what are easy and budget-friendly ways to do this?
There are many methods that can be simple, yet impressively effective. The healthy benefits include less anxiety, reduced stress, diminished inflammation and more personal energy. And the best part about it is that you can start cleansing your body of toxins today through diet, supplements and lifestyle practices.
Start implementing this changes to your daily routine today:
1. Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically-grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
2. Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock and milk thistle, and drinking green tea.
3. Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
4. Drink at least two quarts of water daily.
5. Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
6. Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions.
7. Practice hydrotherapy by taking a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. Follow with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then get into bed for 30 minutes.
8. Sweat in a sauna so your body can eliminate wastes through perspiration.
9. Dry-brush your skin or try detox foot spas/foot baths to remove toxins through your pores. Special brushes are available at natural products stores.
10. What is the most important way to detoxify? Exercise. Yoga or jump-roping are good options. One hour every day. Also try Qigong, a martial-arts based exercise system that includes exercises specifically for detoxifying or cleansing, as well as many other exercises with specific health benefits.