December 30, 2013 //
By Derrick Lane
Tumeric is known to be one of the most powerful healing herbs. It is great for bones and joints because of its anti-inflammatory properties. It’s also a cancer fighting agent, liver detoxifier and kidney cleanser.
Here’s how to drink tumeric today. Yes, drink it!
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- 5-7 inches turmeric
- 5-7 tamarind
- 2 lemons
- raw honey
- mason jar(s) or other glass jar with lid
1. Peel turmeric.
2. Crack open tamarind, making sure to use all the inner roots.
3. Fill a large pot with water. Put peeled tumeric in and let it boil for at least 20 minutes until the water becomes a rich and vibrant marigold color.
4. While the tumeric is boiling, pour 1 inch of water with the peeled tamarind into a large pan. Stir the fruit with a wooden spoon. If it looks dry, pour water in as needed (you should be able to see the little seeds coming out). When the tamarind’s texture looks soft, remove from heat and let it cool.
5. Take the tumeric water and pour it into the blender with the tumeric. Blend.
6. Pour of the tamarind pan into a strainer that is placed on top of a small bowl to catch the tamarind. Swish the jam-like substance around in the strainer with a wooden spoon. Catch the soft bits of the fruit. No seeds, no seed peels.
7. Pour the tamarind that has been caught in the bowl into the blender with the tumeric water. Blend.
8. Squeeze the juice from two lemons into the blender. Pour the contents of the blender into jar. Add honey to taste, close with lid, shake to mix.
9. Refridgerate up to 3-4 days and drink daily.