By Danielle Young, Lifestyle Editor - hellobeautiful.com
Valentine’s Day may be a trick for the greeting card industry to make money off of scrambling last-minute men who flock to their local drugstore, but it’s still a beautiful holiday worth celebrating. If you’re one half of a loving couple, then you should be planning a big celebration for you and your lover. Whether you have known one another for six months or six years, take this one day (or long weekend) and spend it with the one you love and don’t be afraid to splurge on special experiences that will never be forgotten.
Have no idea where to take you lover? Check out this list of five destinations with amazing Valentine’s deals that you and your boo will fall in love with. Happy WanderLUSTING!
1. Santa Barbara
The name itself, Santa Barbara, The American Riviera, conjures up romantic images. The picturesque city bordered by palm-lined beaches and majestic mountains make Santa Barbara feel like it is in its own little world – just how two people in love feel. It’s no wonder why it is consistently chosen as a wedding destination and romantic escape. Horseback riding through the sand, strolling through vineyards in wine country, snuggling up under the stars—Santa Barbara offers all of the traditional romantic activities and goes above and beyond.
Adventurous couples can kayak or stand-up paddle board alongside sea lions and dolphins, sharing amazing views of Santa Barbara from the water. A bouquet of flowers is boring; instead, stroll through theSanta Barbara Botanic Garden’s exquisite exhibits of California native plants displayed in beautiful landscaped settings. A lunch in the mountains can inspire romance at Cold Springs Tavern, an old stagecoach rest stop from the late 1800s. Or, simply breathe in the salty air and swirl your glasses at Deep Sea Tasting Room on Stearns Wharf, soaking in 360-degree ocean views and sipping delicious wine.
A picnic at the iconic Santa Barbara County Courthouse is always a treat, just be sure to climb up the clock tower and gaze out over the red-roof dotted horizon. The Sunken Gardens are a site to behold all by themselves; it’s perfect for a date night.
For romantic digs during a getaway, look no further than Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara. A Hollywood favorite since 1927, the oceanfront resort’s secluded twenty-acre property features a blend of botanical gardens, coastal panoramas and world-class amenities. Listening to crashing ocean waves while dining on the patio of Bella Vista restaurant and spotting hummingbirds hopping from flower to flower is the stuff romance is made of! A couple’s massage at the spa can end the weekend on a high note – choose from a variety of options and then head home feeling healthy, happy, and more in love than ever before.
The Resort offers a number of packages and experiences specially designed to fan the flames of romance. Enjoy champagne and strawberries then linger over breakfast in bed with the Celebration Package, or spend an extra day exploring or escaping together with a third night free.
2. Turnberry Isle Miami
Celebrate your love for that special someone (and for your favorite hobby) this Valentine’s Day with the Fore the Love of Golf package at Turnberry Isle Miami (www.turnberryislemiami.com). Couples will beat the cold and spend quality time together at the indulgent and inviting Mediterranean-style retreat. Don’t play golf? There’s nothing like a new and exciting experience with your loved one under the sun. Package rates starting from $304.50 per person per night.
The package includes:
- One 18-holes of golf per night’s stay on Miller or Soffer Courses (includes greens fees, cart fees and applicable forecaddies fees)
- Unlimited use of practice facility during stay
- Club Storage
- American Buffet Breakfast for two in Cascata Grill
After a leisurely round of golf on the resort’s two Raymond Floyd designed championship courses, treat yourself and your significant other to a pampered spa experience. For the holiday, the Forbes Four Star spa and fitness center is offering four new luxurious Valentine’s Day spa treatments, all followed by champagne and strawberries for the ultimate romantic indulgence. Treatments that can be enjoyed together as a couple include:
- Lovers Escape: Start your valentine escape package with a footbath and scrub followed by a relaxing 60 minute Aromatherapy Massage. $398 + 20% gratuity
- Cupid’s Indulgence: Start you valentine indulgence with a 30 minute exfoliation with a dry brush. Followed by a 60 minute pampering Massage along with a 15 minute scalp massage $440 + 20% gratuity Treat your partners to one of these solo treatments as a gift– or if you’re single, show yourself some love!
- Be Mine Package: Enjoy a luxurious 60-minute Relaxation Massage and a 60-minute Deep Cleansing Facial. $244 + 20% gratuity
- Express Valentine Bliss: Start your express valentine blissful day off with a 30 minute Relaxing Massage, a 30 minute Cleansing Facial and a 30 minute Aroma Salt Exfoliation body scrub. $160 + 20% gratuity
3. Savannah, GA
Not in the mood to make your vacation theme-related? You just wanna lay up with you lover, don’t you? There’s no better place for rest and relaxation than below the Mason Dixon line, specifically, Savannah, Georgia. Between the cobblestone streets, southern charm and Spanish moss, Savannah lends itself to PDA and googly eyes.
You can simply take in the scenes with your lover or go out on a canoe for two on a Wilderness Southeast tour. The area’s coastal creeks are framed by beautiful cypress trees and filled with cool wildlife including herons, turtles and alligators.
You can also travel down the Savannah River on a brunch or dinner riverboat cruise. Once back on dry land, indulge in a sundae at Leopold’s Ice Cream, which has been scooping up tasty treats since 1919. Oh and they know how to serve lovers, Rose Petal Cream and Chocolate Cherry Cordial are only available in February! What a special treat! The charming city is filled with romantic inns and cozy bed and breakfasts. Check into the Ballastone Inn or the decadent Mansion on Forsyth Park. You are sure to score points with your lover in this southern solace.
4. Colorado Springs, CO
Love is around every corner in Colorado, with so many gorgeous views, outstanding adventures and intimate experiences to choose from, there’s no wonder why it’s a top choice for many hopeless and hopeful romantics. Escape to The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs and you’ll never want to leave!
Their romantic Valentine’s getaway package includes champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries at turndown (on night of the package), a romantic dinner for two in either Tavern, Penrose Room orSummit (dinner food & beverage allowance is $180).
You can usually score a nice Valentine’s deal as suites are available at 30% off of published rates. Rates start at $205 per person, per night based on double occupancy and this awesome deal is valid through April 30, 2014!
5. Lake George, NY
This is a top destination for Valentine’s Day! Located in the lower Adirondack Mountain region, Lake George offers romance, breathtaking natural beauty and plenty of winter activities. Make the most of Lake George winter romance with your sweetheart while you’re surrounded by breathtaking mountains. Lake George offers so many great options for winter romance. Lake George is a lovely way to enjoy the great outdoors for a memorable Valentine’s Day. There are so many activities to choose from to enjoy with your boo.
- Luxurious Lodging: This is the time to splurge on your sweetie! Find a place with all the extras you would enjoy on a romantic retreat to Lake George… jacuzzi suite, fireplace, in-room massage, hot tub, etc. There are many great options for lodging and many places offer incredible lodging specials and romantic winter getaways this time of year specifically designed for couples.
- Skiing: Hit the slopes and enjoy downhill skiing at a nearby mountain like West Mountain in Queenbury or Gore Mountain in North Creek. If you prefer the flat terrain try XC skiing at theLake George Rec Park Ski Trails or at Crandall Park in Glens Falls NY, both of which are free to use!
- Sledding: Laugh together as you slide down a snowy hill! Maybe work in a playful snowball fight or build a snowman between rides. You’ll feel like kids again, and it’s a great time to just flirt and be carefree. The Lake George Rec Park offers the best tubing hill around.
- Ice Skating: Hold hands and help each each other stay balanced on skates at a local rink. Some of the most romantic moments happen as a result of some really awkward moments! Have fun laughing at each other and try a public skating sessions too.
- Snowmobiling: Wind through scenic groomed trails by snowmobile in Lake George NY. Rent a snowmobile or two, and take a guided tour from Lake Vanare Snowmobile Tours.
- Wine Tasting: Spend an evening indoors and sample great wines at the Adirondack Winery & Tasting Room in Lake George. The owners are friendly and the wines are incredible. Take a bottle of your favorite red or white wine back to the hotel to enjoy together by the fireplace, or take a bottle home with you as a souvenir to keep the love going!
April 18, 2014 //
Article courtesy of FOX News via "The Rundown" Experiencing infidelity in a relationship is a ...
April 17, 2014 //
Article courtesy of The BBC via "The Rundown" Closeness between couples is reflected in the dis...