1. What is your interpretation of real, identifiable poverty? What is your interpretation of police chief’s Flynn’s claim that “crime leads to poverty.” Or do you believe that poverty leads to crime?
2. The City of Milwaukee has the worse black business leadership in the country. What can be done that has not been done before to assist in creating better black business leaders and more economic growth within the Inner city?
3. Do you feel that there is sufficient coordination between different levels of government in dealing with the Inner City and its problems? If not why? What do you suggest might be done?
4. Do you support the recent NAACP complaint to the Department of Justice against the city of Milwaukee ? Why?
5. Do you think there ought be more coordination within different levels of government as per city, county and state? Why?
6. What does the Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission (SEWRPC) do? Are you familiar with the Environmental Justice Task Force?
7. Do you think the federal Community Development Block Grant ought be kept as a citywide program, or do you think the program ought to return to its original purpose of being targeted to specific areas? Why?
8. The city government has been getting HUD funds for years designed to finance the cleanup of so-called Brownfields areas. Can you comment on why these largely vacant areas have not been selected for new low-income housing after they have been cleaned up?
9. What do you say about city government taking over the schools when itself is troubled by joblessness, high taxes, hundreds of abandoned dwelling, thousands of potholes and an apparent inability to take care of itself?